Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ethiopia

I was going though some of my old photos and the ones of Ethiopia stood out.

BACK STORY: I lived in Ethiopia in 2006 for 4 months taking care of the kiddos at the Village of Hope.
I always get the same feeling when I think about Ethiopia. Its hard to explain. I loved living there. I loved not having a phone...for the most part, and having to travel 30 minutes by local bus to check my email. I loved the feeling that I was making a difference in the little lives I was caring for. I loved that every time I left the village be it 10 minutes or 5 days the kids would all come running out of the house to greet me with a hug. I loved that everything thing was so simple and pure.

I miss Ethiopia and will be going back sometime. I would love to show Ben where I spent 4 very important months of my life. I am so thankful I was lucky enough to have the experience of a lifetime.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Take me when you go back! I miss that place.