Friday, February 25, 2011

confessions of a foodie

I have had something on my mind for a while now. I feel like I should just spit it out already and own up to it....I despise tomatoes. There I said it. I think this is so hard for me to say because I love food. You put it in front of me and I will most likely eat, even if I'm not hungry.


Note to self: Call over eaters anonymous Monday morning.


But really I love food. I love eating, I love trying new things, new restaurants, I love sitting down with loved ones with a glass of wine and a great meal. Most of my day revolves around where I'm going to lunch with my co-workers and what I'm cooking for dinner for my oh so lovely husband when I get home. I feel I need to clarify something. I cook for my husband because I love to cook, not because I'm a stepford wife. Cooking is my quiet time. My zen moment.



Back to the god awful tomatoes...I love escargot, I have eaten zebra...not so proud of that one...but I have done it. I lived on Ethiopian food for 4 months and lived to say I survived. I will try anything once, and I typically love it. But for some reason I cant make my self like tomatoes. I want to like them so bad, but nope its just pure hatred. I love making beautiful Caprese salads in the summer...But I never touch it. Ben and I even grow our own tomatoes...still loath them. I want to like tomatoes so bad....but seriously I gag at the thought of even eating one. So there you have it. My one flaw. I hate tomatoes.

1 comment:

Hansen Headlines said...

Love the pictures and the writing. Thanks for the update.